Friday, October 4, 2013

Interviewing a student about looping:

H:  When I started my game called Lizard Jump, I had 6 levels that I wanted to put into the game. The game was working fine, but I received people saying, "This game has 6 levels.  Where are the other five?" So I put out the statement that I was going to try to get all 6 levels working.  I looked at the other 5 levels and saw that there was no loop connecting them.  So I went to 'make a block' named it 'loop' put it down and made a variable.  And I called that variable 'loophole.'  I put the titles of the games, Lizard Jump, 2,3,4,5,6, and put them in the variables section.  Then I put those in the 'define loop' block. Then went over to the other games, made the same block over and over again, then tested the game.  I also put in 'when space key pressed,' define the loop and do what the loop block says to do.  So then I tested the game by pressing the space key and the lizard said 'welcome to level 2' and it switched to level 2.  I had a problem with the game where it kept adding new lizards to the game because they had been there in the previous game, so I added 'make a list' called 'delete lizard' and I made five of them for level 1,2,3,4, and 5.  Then I tested - if I hit a certain key would it delete a lizard from the previous level? It did, so but then I found I accidentally placed another block under that that automatically started the game from that level.  So I decided to leave it there...

No comments:

Post a Comment